The Network’s Statement of Purpose is:
- Develop harmonious relationships between all people who live, work or practice faith in the City of Moonee Valley
- Create peace, understanding and respect with one another’s beliefs, cultures and traditions
- To build dialogue and friendships to enrich our community
- Provide a space to celebrate our similarities and share our differences to foster peace and goodwill.
Code of Conduct
The Moonee Valley Interfaith Network operates under a code of conduct clarifying what the network is and what it is not.
The network is:
- an opportunity to celebrate the customs, cultures and beliefs of various faith traditions
- an opportunity to promote mutual respect and cooperation amongst faith communities
- a recognition of core human values
- a forum for the faith communities to share information about their programs and activities
- an environment in which the differing faiths can support each other
The network is not:
- a forum to claim religious exclusivity
- an opportunity for proselytisation or conversion
- a compromise of one’s own individual beliefs
- a guarding of acquired or presumed rights and privileges
- an opportunity for religious argument
- a creation of a new universal religion made from various faith traditions
This shared Act of Commitment is used as a ritual to mark the commencement of every regular Board Meeting:
Chairman / Faith community leader/s:
In a world scarred by the evils of war, racism, injustice and poverty, we offer this joint Act of Commitment as we look to a shared future.
We commit ourselves, as people of many faiths, to work together for the common good, uniting to build a better society, grounded in values and ideals we share: community, personal integrity, a sense of right and wrong, learning, wisdom and love of truth, care and compassion, justice and peace, respect for one another, for the earth and its creatures. We commit ourselves, in a spirit of friendship and co-operation, to work together alongside all who share our values and ideals, to help bring about a better world now and for generations to come.
Moonee Valley Interfaith Network acknowledges the support of: